Soo the most amazing thing just happened. Well… It happened two weeks ago but I’m just writing about it. Which is – I GOT NOMINATED FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD!
When you’re just starting out in the blogosphere, it feels wonderful to know that your blog is being read, appreciated and liked enough for other bloggers to nominate you. It’s one of those things that keep you motivated to blog no matter how hard it gets (and we all know how hard it gets sometimes). So without further ado, let’s dive right in!
Wait, wait. Let me first express my love and gratitude to Jen’s Life and Style for nominating me!
Jenny is one of those first few bloggers to show support to me when I just started blogging and I will forever be grateful to her for this. She writes an all-rounder blog where she talks about family, lifestyle, motherhood, motivation and about things that keeps her going in life. She is such a warm person who freely shares her experiences to help others and here’s my latest favourite from her blog!
So what the Liebster Award basically is – it’s an award by bloggers for bloggers to support new bloggers and help them get more exposure on the blogosphere. [Phew that was almost a tongue twister]. Anyway. This award also helps you find new bloggers to follow and eventually be friends with and build your tribe. I cannot stress enough how important this is to motivate you not to quit and to keep blogging! Honestly the blogging community is so welcoming and supportive, I love ya all! 💕
Questions from Jen’s Life and Style
1. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
What I enjoy the most about blogging is that it gives me an open, non-judgmental platform to share my innermost thoughts. And sometimes, if I’m lucky, it brings me the people who share them too. Blogging has made it easy to find my tribe and work upon myself and grow as person. To learn from others and share my experience.
2. When do you feel most motivated to write?
Blame my Vata personality, but my work timetable has random energy spikes! I experience sudden adrenaline rush to get things done. I feel motivated as soon as an amazing idea hits, but to generalise, I am motivated when I’m inspired. It could be 10 AM in the morning or 1 AM. But if you’re asking when I do like to write, it’s on lazy winter mornings with coffee.
3. What are your favourite things to do when you have time?
I love to try out new things! It could be anything – a new recipe, a new idea or a new craft.
4. What is your favourite holiday?
As a Muslim, Eid’ul Fitr is my most favourite holiday! The holy month of Ramadan (fasting) teaches us a lot and if you learn about it, you’ll see its not restricted to just Muslims. Ramadan teaches us self control, discipline, cleanses our body of toxins and gives us so many other physical, emotional and spiritual benefits. It’s a wonderful time to get to touch with your inner self, to build a relationship with God. Ramadan is a month of festivity and spirituality. Eid is the first day of the next month after Ramadan in the Islamic calendar. Eid means happiness and that’s what I choose in my life over and over again.
5. Where would you love to travel to?
Hmm, can I say, the world?
6. Do you want to blog full time or is it just a hobby?
Right now it’s a hobby blog that I take seriously. I don’t get enough time to fully invest myself because college is a lot of work. But I have big plans regarding Vitality Tribe.
7. Who motivates and inspires you the most?
As a writer, I draw inspiration from most people. Anyone and everyone inspires me. I keep my window of inspiration open because everyone I meet has something valuable to teach me. But my greatest source of inspiration is my family and my best friends.
8. What is your favourite movie, tv show, or book?
There are so many! Fav TV show – Game of Thrones. Fav book – currently Eat, Pray, Love.
9. Favourite food?
10. Favourite drink?
11. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years from now?
Living a contented life of gratitude, giving love selflessly, running a creative business, and being an inspiration to others.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I’m very interested in archaeology, ancient Egypt, philosophy and World Religion.
- I make art and calligraphy in my free time.
- I’m pursuing a degree in Software Development and Interactive Media.
- I’ve been belly dancing since I was 13 but only my family and close friends are allowed to see that 😉
- I’m a workout and fitness junkie.
- Cosmology fascinates me!
- I write poetry and I love to bake.
- Bring me pizza, and I’m yours.
- I’m all about holistic living!
- I’m slowly transitioning into Veganism
- I’m currently teaching myself Spanish and it’s wonderful!
MY TURN TO ASK QUESTIONS
I don’t just want to ask but I also want to help you know yourself better with these questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What does your ideal day look like?
- What’s your best & worst habit?
- If money was no object, what would you do?
- What practical skills do you have?
- What’s one thing you regret & one thing you don’t?
- What gets you nostalgic?
- Which era you wish you were born in and why?
- As 2018 is approaching, what advice would you give to your 2017 self?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Do you truly love yourself? Why or why not?
MY LOVELY NOMINEES
(in no particular order)
- Modesty in the Modern World
- OH Words
- Dear Blog, … Love, Liz
- Diary of A Lonely Girl
- Entirely Taylor
- Find Balance
- Tea With Abby
- Sophie Laetitia
- Sage Olivia
- Rawlings Blog
(as found on Jenny’s Liebster Award Post)
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog by including in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image on your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. (Or however many they posted for you!)
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 to11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
Once again, thank you and I love you all. Looking forward to meeting some amazing bloggers out there! 💕💁
– xoxo, Nate
A nominee or not, a blogger or not, feel free to answer these 11 questions about yourself in the comments below so I can get to know you better! Pass on this post, so you can get to know someone else better ❤️